Sunday 27 May 2012

England and the Euros 2012

As im sure many of you are; I am a football fan. This year sees the Euro 2012 international football competition, and as usual the team is full of multi-millionaire football stars, and yet this is a competition that we as a nation have never won. 


Personally I think this is not due to the quality of the player available to us, which are amongst some of the very best in the world. I think it is due to the fact that win or lose, these players will be getting paid vast amounts of money. When you consider that teams like Greece have claimed this title, it begs the question, why we are so useless?


if I was manager of the England squad (currently managed by Roy Hodgeson) I would recognise the fact that every man in the squad is not only of great talent, but also very wealthy and there pay should be suspended pending victory on a match by match international basis, I think that this would not only re-invigorate the team to "earn there wage" but also to re-instil a bit of national pride.


Although this is merely my own opinion, I do think that my logic is undeniable. when you see far less established  footballing countries excelling in competitions such as the word cup and the Euro's it is clear that sometimes patriotism is the defining factor in success rather then the status of the players individually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment